Wednesday, August 17, 2011

CR84FN36.VLVAUG2011


Hey friends, I'm back with a card that combines many challenges and goes a little out of my comfort zone. Distressing isn't my favorite thing to do but I keep trying hoping my card will look like those who do it so well! This is an inspriration card for a friend who is a little down. I used the Verve sentiment stamp on the inside that says "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul." I couldn't get it to fit on the front with this sketch.
I used the color challenge from CR84FN, a Viva La Verve sketch, Phindy's place-vintage challenge, The Kraft Journal-Anything goes (use kraft paper). Pink Elephant-Stitching, Shabby Tea Room-polkadots.
Yes, there are polka dots on the designer paper that is embossed in the center square!



cr84fn36 yellow, kraft, white

Supplies:
Paper-CS, Me & my big ideas pastel mat pad
Ink-Antigue Linen, Cocoa brown
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder-unknown name
Stamps-Inside-Verve, outside-unknown
Cricut Cartridge-Sonbird
Misc: Recollections flower, pearl, PTI-Twine, Lace trim-RRR 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!! Your friend will love it and I'm sure will cheer her up!!Thanks for sharing your beautiful card this week with us at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Kim. The birdcage and flower make a wonderful focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your distressing and vintage are wonderful - love the cage and that flower!!! wow
    thanks so much for joining us at Phindys Place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kim! Love the bird and birdcage! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bird cage..great colors matched too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, pretty card! LOVE the bird and birdcage! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, love the bird and cage.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful, peaceful card! The bird cage is gorgeous! I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this stunning creation, Kim! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal this week for our Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! Love the stitching and distressing. The bird cage is gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card. You did a wonderful job on the distressing. Love that yellow and white dp. ~~Thanks for visiting my blog for the Flourishes Customer Appreciation Blog Hop. I hope you’ll visit again soon. Good Luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the vintage feel to this beauty....so lovely and feminine

    thanks for your kind words about Pepper.....I am trying to keep busy, but he is in my heart and on my mind....he will be missed

    ReplyDelete