Monday, October 8, 2012

KK Skull Challenge

Hi Peeps, I'm playing in the Kraftin Kimmie Weekly Challenge 149 this week. Krafty Girl, Cheryl chose a "skull" challenge where you must include some kind of skull on your project. Not too hard! I colored up Smee for the occasion but used the skull and crossbones from Cutthroat Lizzie for the accent. Smee was fun to color and I just adored the Disney movie, Peter Pan, not the cartoon but the other one with Dustin Hoffman. That's where I first heard of Smee.
I used Bo Bunny Timepiece paper on a 5.5 by 5.5" cardstock base. I used an older Deconstructed sketch and moved the circle. Zigzag and straight stitching were added along with some great tassel trim. I hand cut the tag and punched the corners. The brad I received in a prize pack from Flourishes, don't know the brand.
The strange pinkish color on the treasure chest is stickles which didn't photograph well.

Here's a few more challenges. Papercraft Star-Anything goes
Sentimental Sunday-Anything Goes

Enjoy you week, everyone!!
Kim :)

5 comments:

  1. This guy is so cute. Great colouring and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's great! Love that fun fringe you used. Peter pan is one of my faves,but i like the cartoon version. :-) Hugs!
    P.S. Forgot to congratulate you on your TSG Trendsetter Spotlight. WOOHOO!! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! great card!

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays challenge!

    Sandy S
    SSSDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Kim! That fancy gold trim works perfectly with the pirate image!

    ReplyDelete