Friday, May 29, 2015

Card Club Challenges and SSS


Hi Friends, My local card club had some challenges in May. They were "off the page" and a one layer card. I did the partial die cutting technique with my Balloons dies from Simon Says Stamp. There are many tutorials on You Tube for partial die cutting. 

I partially cut the white card stock base on the right side then die cut the balloons again with Simple Stories (the Mickey Mouse one) patterned paper and layered them.  I was going for a masculine look. I then stamped a SSS birthday balloons sentiment on the largest balloon. Some bakers twine and SC wood veneer stars finish it off. I'm submitting to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wed. Challenge -Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday -Anything Goes
Crafters Cafe Blog Challenge-118 -One for the boys



For this one layer card I embossed a square SB die to get the square shape on the water color paper card without cutting thru. Next I stamped the SU image in 2 colors of ink and stamped the sentiment in Versa Fine Black. 

Then I masked the outside of the square with post it notes and spritzed it with green glimmer mist. A few clear sequins are added at the end. Oh, and some iridescent white twine was tied onto the top fold. Clean and simple. Oh by the way, this card is the 5th generation! I had quite a learning curve!

Take care until next time!
Kim

8 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Kim. I love the fun papers you used on the first card and the off the page die cutting brings your balloons to life. The misting on the second card adds so much interest. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS creations! Love the festive and happy birthday card. The use of chipboard is awesome! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at The Crafters Cafe, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balloons for birthdays are always perfect!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are fabulous Kim. The balloon card is wayyyy FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great birthday card! I love the off the page look with the balloons. Very fun! Beautiful sympathy card, too. I swear it's the best use of Glimmer Mist I've seen. The green is very soothing and looks wonderful with the teal blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great birthday card! Love all the mix of DSp on the balloons and the bright and happy colours. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those off the page balloons are so fun and so celebratory, Kim ... and oh my, your one layer sympathy card ... it's stunning! Love the subtle green misting and soft stamping in the frame ... yep, a stunner! Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete