Sunday, November 5, 2017

Case this Sketch 246


Hey Friends, I stopping in real quick to blog these birthday cards I made for a few guys in my life! One I had to put in the mail this morning and of course it took way longer to make than I had imagined!

 I took out this adorable Newton's Nook Cocktail Mix stamp and heat embossed in clear powder on water color paper. Then I brushed and blotted on some Distress ink with water following the Case this Sketch 246 sketch. Leigh did a good job designing this one!

The Cheers die comes with the coordinating dies for the cocktail glasses. I cut it with a matte gold CS and one layer of white CS underneath. I splatter gold paint all over. 
Ta ta!

Links to other challenges below:


I made a second one with a teal card stock background.


Inkspirational Challenges Word Prompt-Trend (my trend in water color which I believe is still a trend in card making)
Jo's Scrapshack 213 Anything Goes
Crafting with an attitude Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday Kraft card base or Anything Goes (my birthday sentiment is on the inside!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors sure do grab your attention. A very "cheery" card. LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim :)
    This card is so beautiful! I love that sketch that you followed and I love the colors!!! So pretty! Thank you for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack this week in our Funday Friday Challenge! Have an amazing day!
    Hugs,
    JO
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did this! Cute stamps. I need to get out more... I thought Newton's Nook only made digi stamps. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a party on a card! Love those tropical colours - they work perfectly with the cocktails to make a fun card. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards! I love the artsy feel of these, the heat embossed images look great and I love the golden details! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your watercolouring/embossed images is indeed a trend, and oh, how marvelous your cards are! Gorgeous...or rather, masculine marvelous *grin*! Thank you for sharing these gems in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete