Saturday, September 24, 2022

Card Concept 180b



 Hey there!

Since I decided to make a card, I figured I'd post it to my old blog which is still active. 

Some thing possessed me to make a card. I was scrolling around and saw 

The Card Concept 

 inspiration photo challenge and thought about all the supplies I had from a decade ago that would work very well.





The Style of this card is Mixed Media/Vintage. It qualifies not only for the style but because the supplies used are ANCIENT! 

I used embossing, heat and dry. I inked up an embossing folder with Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink and used an ivory paper with this cool Tim Holtz clock embossing folder. 

I used a retired Flourishes stamp set for the image and sentiment which I embossed with detail gold powder and cut it out with spellbinders fancy tags die. Do you remember all these products from ions ago? Obvi, I was inspired by the 180b image with the colors, the clock and the vintage masculine feel. It's hard to tell but the card base is a dark red. 



 
I also used the Freshly Made Sketch 554 to design the card. Thanks for stopping by. 
Kim




5 comments:

  1. That embossing folder is so pretty, and your card turned out beautifully. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us at The Card Concept, and please visit us again soon. We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time no see, Kim! I remember all this stuff. I have tons of oldies, too, but not the embossing folder which is pretty cool. I'm glad you popped in to share this beautifully vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embossing folder you used on this fun vintage card! I'm so happy you decided to play along at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Vintage Style card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept:)

    ReplyDelete