Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thinking of you










Hi Sassy Friends,
I made this card for the Dare to be Sassy Thursday Challenge, Get Punchy and a few other challenges. This is my first Guest Designer card for Sassy Studio Design for the Month of August.

The sketch is from CPS this week. I was inspired to make this card with Pink and Black for a few more challenges. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pink, Black & White! I think it's my favorite color combination!

I chose this Sassy Studio Design Image, Cocoa Carol to play with. Love it. It is very versitle, not just a winter image, as you can see. My original idea was to put the sentiment " I chair-ish our friendship" but I ran out of steam so I chose something else. I like it though, because she's thinking and her eyes are closed and she is dreaming of her honey! (hence, the hearts!)
It's a tad clean and simple for me. I usually like alot of layers but I think this works for this card.
The details:
Bazzil CS, K&Co Patterned Paper-White/Black, SU-Pink PP.
Fiskars-Punch, name unknown
Prisma Pencils, OMS, Glossy Accents
Silver twine-Michaels, K&Co-little black hearts, gems
Sewing machine
Hugs, Kim
P.S. I knew that if I was a guest designer, I would learn alot by pushing myself to learn and get better. That happened today when I tried to make my photo look better by brightening it in photo editing software. ( It took forever!) The photo was dark because I had to take it inside, no sun today anyway.

I might have brightened a little too much and lost some of the detail but it's alot better than it was. Live and learn!







5 comments:

  1. Hey Kim
    Love your card, it's beautiful!! I love the combo Pink and Black, and love your coloring.
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you at SSD as a guest designer! Your card looks very similar to your blog background. Love it!! I never think to use thinner ribbon, but I like how you've used it on this card! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Pink and black are great colors! Love that image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. Pink & black rocks@!! I like the clean & simple look, which I too find hard to do! Thanks for joining in at Fussy & Fancy for this tribute challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the image, great job! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete