Thursday, January 26, 2017

Color Throwdown 427


Hey Friends, I love the colors in the Color Throwdown Challenge this week so I had to play. I could have made a baby card but I need to beef up my birthday card stash. I used Lawn Fawn Year Six stamp, colored with Copics and fussy cut out. I used matching distress ink to stamp the hearts. 

I added a little pearl to play in the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge 391 AND it's just too cute to put a pearl in an oyster. (I guess it's an oyster?) Wplus9 Sunshine Layer dies were used for the mats, plus I added in an extra one which I trimmed on my trimmer and rounded the corners. 

Below is the first card I made for the challenge but although I like it, It wasn't what I had in mind for the challenge. I call it the "old way" of my card making, and the card with the shells is a more modern way.(?) At first I wasn't going to share it but then I decided that there's nothing wrong with this style card, just different. P.S. I used Mojo Monday Sketch 481.

Other Challenges:
Crafty Creations -Anything Goes








14 comments:

  1. LOL! I love that you showed the "old way" vs. the "new way". Those little shells are so cute with the color inspiration. The pearl is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, I love your little clam shells !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! So made me smile. =0) Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges!
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the little pearl accent. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is both adorable and pretty!! I love the way you've used the colors!! Pearls are my absolute favorite so it is no wonder that I am drawn to your card. The scalloped edge finished it off nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahaha! Maybe I'm easily amused, but I laughed out loud at the image and sentiment combo on your first card. So cute! Love that you added the pearl, too. Interesting that you mention and show the new way and the old way. Lately I feel that I'm having trouble finding my "way". I can't figure me out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little oysters are so sweet and the pearl you added to the one is a super cute addition. Precious card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just too cute. I love how you really thought out how to incorporate the pearl theme this week. Just perfect use of it. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling flower accent on the cup cake. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards, but, the CTD card is tooooo adorable!! So happy you joined us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these little shells and the matching hearts are so cute. Thanks so much for sharing this cute card with us at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is super adorable! I love your take on the colour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGoodness, Kim, this 'shellfish' card is just too adorable! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the pearl!!! such a cute card :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete