Monday, July 24, 2017

Curtain Call and others


Hey Friends, I'm playing in some challenges today. When I saw the Curtain Call Challenge  Surf's Up inspiration photo I immediately thought of this Avery Elle Hello Chum stamp set because it had a surf board. I had two of these sharks colored up on my desk waiting to be used on a card. 

So I colored a surf board to match. Not knowing what I was going to do with the shark and surf board, I looked and found Case this Sketch 231

Following Jennifer Mcguire's tutorial, I inked up a square block with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, sprayed it with water, put in face down on a piece of water color paper and set something heavy on it for a while. The result was this great inked square which was the base of my focal point.

 I stamped the fishing rod and fish hook strategically on the square, and adhered my shark and surf board. A sentiment and waves stamp from the same set finished it off.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Kim

Sunday Stamps Salute to Summer (color challenge)




12 comments:

  1. Brilliant fun card, love the sharks expression ! Will have to try that technique with the ink it looks great
    Hugs Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did here - this is a really great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card, love the way you have brought in the humour cheers Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he looks evil, but so funny! That shark is up to no good. What a great card! Love the water square and the sentiment. This just makes me tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too fun!! Great take on the photo and sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Have you been watching shark week on Discovery? hee hee Love the look of that ink block print. That's a great technique I definitely want to try. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you combine all so adorable
    the sketch the inspiration foto and our color combo
    all are so perfect on your card
    totally love your image and the used of the colors
    many thanks to joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is so sweet, beautiful card.
    Thanks for sharing at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greeting Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. An adorable card but I do feel sorry for the worm!!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete