Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Cara


Hi all, May is a crazy month for me for card making. So many birthday and holidays! This card is for my dear daughter who loves pirates and Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I bought this stamp with her in mind. This and a few others are my first Kraftin Kimmie stamps. They are soooo cute! I tried very hard to color this like the pros! I'm still trying to get the flicking motion for the hair that people use.
My daughter has the most beautiful shade of red hair and it's very long just like this adorable pirate girl!

I followed a few challenges while making this. The main challenge I used was the color throwdown 190. I also used City Crafter 170- Text and Tulle. You can't see it but I stamped a text stamp on the polka dot paper and tied the key on with tulle.
Here's my birthday girl with "Capt. Jack Sparrow" in Key West a few short weeks ago at Mallory Square.


Look at that red hair!
Hugs, Kim

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is too funny! My daughters name is Kara!! LOL Your Cara is beautiful Kim. Mine has dark hair and she likes Johnny and Orlando too. :-)
    Your card is fantastic! That little pirate girl is so much fun and your coloring looks fantastic. yep, that hair flicking thing definitely takes practice and sometimes the shape of the hair can really throw a monkey wrench into the works. You're doing great kiddo. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job capturing the spirit of your daughter's red hair in that Kimmie image! Love the pic of you and Captain Jack. ;) I have one of me and a wax figure of Johnny Depp as Capt Jack, from Washington DC. I love the swagger he has!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog recently; I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card and your daughter has amazing hair ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card--I'll bet your daughter will be thrilled with it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. Makes me smile. Your daughter is so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card and lovely daughter! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. I just love that picture of your daughter and the "Johnny" look alike. I missed the action at sunset as the cruise ship sailed at 3 p.m. No worries, I am going back for sure. You captured your daughter in that cute image on her card. How fun.

    ReplyDelete