Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day

Hi Blog Friends, This is one of the Mother's Day cards I need to make, more to come, God willing!
For this one I used a cute digi image from Phindy's Place. I just love this one and chose it for my Mom's card because of 2 things. This little girl doesn't have much hair, which is what I looked like way back when! Only peach fuss for the longest time. AND one time my Mom sent me and Dad to the shoe store to get some sensible shoes and I picked out red patent leather Mary Janes! My mom had a fit, lol, so I'm hoping this card will bring her a smile.

A close up! (above) and the reason this card fits the "Vintage" challenge at Phindy's Place (links below) is because of the seam binding. It's 41 years old!!!! See the price on the package? Twenty Five Cents!!! The date on the back was 1969. My M.I.L. gave it to me. I dyed it with some Glimmer Mist. I hope that counts for vintage.
Other challenges this fits are listed below.

15 comments:

  1. Kim this card is beautiful, I love all the color and different patterns you used, coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star "Use a stamp" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW...this is tooo cute! Beautiful Mother's Day card! I like your ribbon idea...need to remember this one :) !!! Thank you for playing the FTTC...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable ... love the stamp and the colouring ... many thanks for playing along at Papercraft Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Love the fact that binding is so old! Your shading and stitching are fab too!!! Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious!!! Did you know you can enter this twice because you used a Phindy image!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and precious image. Love the red shoes. Thanks for sharing at FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that seam bindings almost as old as I am. LOL I think your card is so cute. I love her polka dotted dress and I think those red patents match perfectly. :-) Well done Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! The image is a delight. Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. super super cute card...and I love how you color...great job...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those red Mary-Janes, super card! Thank you for joining us for this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet sweet sweet! Gorgeous card Kim - thanks for joining us this week for the Tuesday Throwdown challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow - looks like some of my mom's vintage stuff I have from her! I got her sewing things, buttons and stuff - from the 40s to the 80s - cool, huh?
    Love your coloring!!! Totally - adorable and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning color work, Kim! And such a sweet, little number to boot! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete