Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


Hi all, I'm playing in the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. I stumbled upon the announcement of the hop when I was reading blogs last week. I saw all the cool prizes and great companies that were sponsoring the hop and decided to make a card to link up. The only requirement is to make a coffee themed card. Well, I could do that! 

I pulled out my retired Flourishes coffee and tea set called "Grab a cup". I stamped the coffee cup with Momento Rich Cocoa and colored it with Copics. I stamped it again on kraft and cut out the sleeve and layered it on the cup. After I tied on a piece of twine and popped it on foam tape on top of a MFT stitched circle die. 

I found some older paper in my stash to complete the MFT Wednesday Stamp Challenge sketch.The brown ribbon is PTI and the wood veneer arrow is Studio Calico. 

Some questions that were posted on Facebook:

1. When did you start drinking coffee? I was about 25 or 30 years old before I started drinking it. I was a tea lover before that. 
2. What is favorite brand (you can name up to three). New England Breakfast Blend is my favorite to make at home and Dunkin French Vanilla is my favorite at a coffee shop! 
3. What is the most amazing coffee that you had? Remember where and when? I guess it was a pumpkin latte I had last year. I try not to drink designer coffees because of the calories. I like my home made coffee each morning the best. 
4. If I don't drink my needed coffee, I will...Obsess about where and when I can get one, like this morning, I was out of creamer at home and won't drink it black so I shortcut my hair and make up routine so I could leave the house and go get some!

Cutscropscreativity -The Coffee Lovers Bloghop
MFT Sketch 195 _Sketch



The inside......









17 comments:

  1. I love the dp you used and the twine around the cup! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, your design and beautiful papers really make this such a fun coffee card! Love the touch of twine on the cup and the little wood veneer arrow! This will be such a fun bloghop - appreciate your visit to my blog and the kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!
    I love how you used the layout -- perfect for this image and your colors!
    Fantastic image, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! The colors are great, and I love the little bit of bakers twine....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, Kim! Love that bright and cheerful background! A perfect blend with the coffee cup! I'm with you, homemade is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple "tastes better with a friend". soooo true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You coffee lovers are something else. LOL I love the process you used to create your card Kim. It's a fantastic design. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card. I love the twine on your cup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is amazing. I love the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I missed out on buying that Flourishes set! What a great use of that sketch! Gotta love the twine and the veneer.

    Can I tell you that I try to have at least one extra bottle of creamer in the fridge because I don't drink my coffee without it?!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card- love the papers and the sketch you used

    ReplyDelete