Tuesday, December 9, 2014

MM138


Hi Friends, So I was a bad girl on Black Friday! I bought myself lots of discounted crafty dies and stamps. :)
This card uses a bunch of them and also items from the Simon Says Stamp December card kit.  I'm playing with many challenges in mind.

First being Merry Monday 138, using the featured colors plus one of my choosing.  I used the SSS Holiday ornaments die for a negative cut and make a shaker.  The cute little ornament hanger is die cut from some silver paper (how am I not going to lose those little things?) that comes in the December kit and some of the sequins are from the kit. I added some doodlebug white sequins too. The 2 shades of blue paper are from the kit as well.

I used detail gold embossing powder on the Hero Arts JOY stamp. Another gift to myself that I have wanted FOREVER is the stitched rectangle dies. This is Lil Inkers. I wanted MFT but they were sold out and Lil Inkers is nice too.

Oh this card caused me such fits! I had to do things many times over to make it perfect for a special person. First I had trouble cutting the ornament in the rectangle straight, then I got glue on the acetate, then I burnt the paper when embossing, had to rip the top off because I didn't have enough sequins in it. It took about an hour and a half. The good news is I learned more about shaker card and how to do it right! Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Sorry about the wordy post! Challenges I'm playing in are:

Merry Monday 138 Silver, Gold, White and "your choice" I chose Blue
The Curtain Call Clearly Christmas ( I used clear acetate)
Mojo Monday 375 Sketch
Simon Says Stamp Wed. Challenge Christmas/Holiday
Crafty Sentiments Christmas
52 C.C. Throwdown Pick your own challenge from previous challenges. I picked #18 from 6/13, Christmas Ornaments.
Paperplay Make you own embellies with diecuts. I made the shaker with dies, hope that counts.
Sweet Stamps 199 Sparkle
Monday Mood Board  Inspiration photo, gold and silver
AAA Cards  Blue Christmas! Clean and Simple only

OK, that's enough. :)
Kim








I love Elvis, by the way! LOL

29 comments:

  1. I love this great card- the die cut used as a shaker ornament is brilliant! Love that you were a bad girl on Black Friday- bet Santa will still stop by and leave you some goodies : ) Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely use of all your new goodies, Kim! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shaker card...love the colors,too, so sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your lovely festive shaker card! Great colours and nice texture too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely shaker card! You've done blue Christmas just right. Gorgeous design work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fabulous and I love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the end it turned out just beautiful and one would never suspect you had any trials at all. It is nice to know I'm not the only one. It looks like a very useful kit. I really like the stitched die cut. When Elvis and I were both much younger (I was a teen) I thought in all seriousness that no one man should have the right to be that good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like this card really gave you a tussle, Kim! But it turned out beautifully in the end! I'm going to have to put "make a shaker card" on my New Year's resolution list! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really beautiful card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! The navy cardstock accents the shaker nicely. I have yet to tackle a shaker. I'm planning on trying one over the Christmas holidays when a crafty friend is coming to stay for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, it's so good to see your handsome card in the gallery at AAA Cards! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fantastic creation! Love the shaker card. Thank you very much for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com. We are having a holiday Blog Hob on Friday you are so welcome and have fun with us,
    Sweet Hugs
    Denise
    http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this gorgeous shaker design, Kim! Simple, elegant and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous shaker card, I love these cards! Darling card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge Blog! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so classy and gorgeous. Fabulous shaker card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kim, this is the most beautiful shaker card! Thanks for showing us your blue at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Oh my this one gave you fits didn't it. You'd never know by looking at it. It's perfect and fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha that's funny Kim. My first shaker card was a disaster. We do learn at lot in the process don't we? So you were finally successful and this is absolutely fabulous. Love that you used an ornament for the shaker panel. Thanks so much for joining our December challenge at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You would never know from the finished product of the troubles you had with this card. It is perfection! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did such a great job with all the challenges! Love the shaker. Thanks so much for sharing your blue with AAA.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous shaker card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, I love it!! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! So clean and crisp! Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super great card for Christmas. I like the design of the shaker card with the ornament window and little tidbits inside. :D
    Thank you for joining Crafty Sentiments Challenge "Christmas".
    Deborah GDT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Kim :-) I love shakers and this bauble is fabulous ! what a brilliant idea ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this! Great design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet! I love the navy you added here. So glad you could join my Monday Mood Board challenge!

    ReplyDelete