Wednesday, December 24, 2014

SIMON Village die card


Hi Friends, man my blog has been quiet! I've been preparing for the holidays and just relaxing before the big day! For some reason I haven't felt like card making but I'm looking forward to my work shutdown. I'll be off for over a week and I'm hoping to get some crafting time in. Yippie!

This card is loosely based on Nicole McGuirk's card on YouTube that she made for Simon Says Stamp. I made mine a little more simple but what's similar is the Distress ink sponged houses and the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die. She also sponged her background but I just used aqua paper and the SSS snow stencil and Texture paste.
The sentiment is Simon says stamp "Be Joyful"and is heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I forgot to use my embossing buddy before I embossed. (Don't look! hahaha)

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!
Hugs, Kim

Simon Says Stamp Wed. Challenge  Anything Goes







7 comments:

  1. I never make more than one of a card but I did this Christmas. I made six of one set using these fabulous little house dies. Aren't they fun! Forgot to take pics before I sent them out. LOL Love the embossing paste snow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do love this! So cute and colorful! I put the card making aside to get ready for Christmas, too, but hope to be back at it shortly as I will also be enjoying some time off work until the new year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim :-) I love the colours and the whole scene you created, very pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and I wish you a Very Happy New Year :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute village! I love the brightly colored houses. Thank you so much for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge with us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete