Thursday, September 17, 2015

SSSC286


Hey Friends, how's your week going? I'm well but my Brother in Law is in the hospital with an unknown illness. So I got right to work last night and made him a card with this very little-used set I got from Whimsy Stamps called "Up, Up and Away".

I started by looking for a sketch, as I always do when I don't know where to start. I found Karen's wonderful sketch for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 286. When I saw the circle, I knew it would be the perfect backdrop for a inked cloud scene to place the hot air balloons on. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps too and coordinates with the stamp and die set. The paper is Echo Park Jack and Jill Boy. Love it!

Some textured trim and PPP sparkling clear sequins finish it off. I love it when my vision for a card works. I knew this set would be great for masculine get well cards.

Some other challenges this card fits are:

Crafty Gals Corner -Anything Goes
Whimsy Inspiration Challenge -Halloween or Anything Goes
Fantastic Tuesday 103 Make it colorful





7 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I love how it came together with the sketch, stamps, and paper. Sorry about your BIL, though. I hope they figure it out and treat him all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sky looks amazing. The little balloons are perfect for a guy card. Hope you b-i-l feels much better very soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I adore hot air balloons- I hope the card helps "lift his spirits" too. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! I hope they figure things out for your brother-in-law soon! He'll love this, Kim! Great mix of patterns, and I adore your little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect get well card - love your colors and the perfect layout too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kim!!! this card is fabulous :) perfect take on the sketch and i love the color combo you used :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what great colours together Kim! So cheerful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete