Friday, September 4, 2015

Sunflower Bookmark


Hi Friends, Happy Labor Day Weekend! I'm here with a project I made for my Local Card Club. The challenge is "Anything but a card". I choose to case Beate Johns beautiful corner book mark. There is a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers here. I didn't put a bow on mine or any raised embellies because it might dent the book pages but I did pop up the flower.  I'll probably make a matching thank you card. 

The image I used is retired Flourishes set. I don't have the name with me as I write this. I  used Crate Paper DP for the gingham and various brands of card stock scraps. The die cut is Spellbinders. I used Momento Summer Sky ink to sponge the background of the die cut while still in the die then stamped the sentiment with Versafine Black. 

These book marks make fabulous small gifts. The theme possibilities are endless! This one is going to my Mom's fabulous Realtor to helped sell Mom's house in 2 days! 

The challenges I'm submitting this to are below.
Thanks for Visiting. :) 
Kim


Simon Says Stamp Wed, Challenge -Make it colorful
Power Poppy Challenge -Gifts from the Heart
Crafting by Designs -Anything goes
Sweet Stamps Blog Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe Crafts -Shaped
Marker POP Challenge -Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Love the mix of the gingham, scallop, lacey edge and that scrumptious sunflower, and the pop of blue you added, Kim! Thanks for sharing this with us at our "colorful" challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, why don't I make some of these? This is so cute, Kim, and makes a great little gift! So glad to see it linked up with our Gifts from the Heart Challenge at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kim, what a beautiful bookmark, and the sunflower is gorgeous and colored perfectly! I love the color combination with the gingham paper! Stunning! I've often thought about making some of these...so thanks for the reminder! They sure make lovely gifts! Will definitely have to pin the tutorial! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style of bookmark. It really stays on the page and it's super cute to boot. Beautiful design Kim. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable Kim! I love the colors you chose and you are right....this will make a fabulous gift! I'm so glad you could play along in this month's Power & Spark Challenge at Power Poppy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Kim! I love the cheerful colours and the sweetness of that poped sunflower. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete