Monday, March 4, 2019

LawnFawnatics 48


 "Puff the magic dragon, lives by the sea......." 
Are you singing it?  I am! 

I need a birthday card for a very special boy who will be 5 this week. I pulled out one of my favorite sets from Lawn Fawn, Critters Ever After, and colored up the cute Dragon.

 Boy, am I rusty with my copics! I haven't used them much in months. I am distracting you all from the bad coloring with the white gel pen dots which really add such a cute whimsical feel. I used Lawn Fawn's cloud border dies, MFT's cloud stencil and paper pieced balloons from Lawn Fawn's Party Animal set.

I gold embossed the sentiment and added teeny-tiny stars. The crown is diecut with gold foil paper, the camera caught the reflection in a strange way. 
So for the challenge at Lawn Fawnatics 48, the inspiration is Puff the Magic Dragon.
Thanks for stopping by!

More challenge links below.


Simon says stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes 59

Seize the Birthday 160 Make us laugh or Anything Goes (I did Anything Goes)



6 comments:

  1. I do love the dots, but there's nothing wrong with your coloring either. I like the layered clouds for the background. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it's adorable and I wouldn't have given a thought to the Copic coloring if you hadn't mentioned it. Looks great to me! I mean... it's a dragon. It can look anyway you want it to. Why don't I have those cloud dies? They're just the cutest thing ever! Love how you have the balloons floating up and away. Can't help myself, I like cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so cute! And I think your colouring looks fantastic! This was one of my favourite songs when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super pretty card. I love how you colored that dragon and that background is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how cute to do Puff! And now I'll definitely be singing that song for the rest of the night. Absolutely adorable card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwww!!! love Puff the magic dragon!!! and the balloons are so cute!! love it! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete