Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Card Concept 99




Hey Friends! Today for The Card Concept Challenge 99 I tried a Mixed Media card for the first time. It certainly isn't in my comfort zone. Hey, I gave it a shot!

I started with a piece of subtle patterned paper and stenciled a striped pattern with clear gel medium and let dry. Then I sponged Oxide Distress in a blue shade around the edges avoiding the center. I stamped a retired Flourishes stamp in black ink then again in white acrylic paint on top. 

I added a few pieces of washi tape on the sides to complement the sunflower.
For the Simon Says Stamp sunflower and leaves I stamped with Versafine Black ink on Bristol card stock and sponged on distress ink. I added some colored pencil and some white gel pen accents. Lastly I added some sentiment word strips for Tim Holtz.

 I chose these words as a encouragement to myself. I really didn't want to post this card because it was so outside my style but I mustered up courage and did it anyway!
Thanks for visiting,
Kim


PS. Stop by The Card Concept blog!

Other challenge links:
Unicorn Challenge 37 -Autumn or Halloween
Pin-spirational Challenge -Try something different (I tried mixed media style)


7 comments:

  1. Kim, your mixed media turned out great! You should make more of them :) It's the perfect background for that gorgeous sunlower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the blue background! That sunflower just pops off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background looks fantastic and I love the big, stitchy sunflower! Funny how you almost didn't post this card. It's all a matter of what you're comfortable with. Seriously, the background is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month! 
    Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could NEVER tell it's your first... looks fantastic Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know why you wouldn't post it. You did an amazing job. You added so much interest and texture to the background. Great job Kim!

    ReplyDelete