Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas.Card.Challenge.One.Layer.Card



Hi Friends,

Here is my 1st of 4 Guest Design Team cards for Christmas Card Challenges Blog. I'm super excited to be chosen for the month of December!
But, WOW, was I challenged when I read what the first week's challenge would be!! A "One Layer" card!
Eeeekkk! How do I do that? I love alot of layers on a card and have never made a one layer card, ever!
Soooo I thought about it, picked myself up, dusted myself off and gave it a shot. And it's not that bad, I actually kind of like it.

It helped to have some nice thick Papertrey Ink cardstock so it would not be flimsy. You have to be careful with certain punches though because sometimes they don't want to punch thru thick cardstock! My M.S. Deco punch survived.
I used 2 Recollections (Michaels) cling stamps (name of set unknown) with some gold and silver embossing power. The white ribbon has some pretty gold and silver snowflakes to match the embossing powder.
I added a few jingle bells, some gold twine and a row of pearls and called it done!
Thanks for looking, friends. Come back next week!
Kim :)
2012-christmas-card-challenge-week-1

2 comments:

  1. That's stunning! I would have been scared by a one layer card, too. But you've really made this so pretty with all the details, that you don't even miss the other layers. This is really a WOW card Kim! Congrats on the GDT spot, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete