Friday, February 8, 2013

Flourishes-Pick 1 Challenge

Hi Friends, What to do during a Blizzard? Make cards, of course! I decided to play in the new Flourishes release challenge. You pick one sketch, one color palette and one embellishment from the list they provided. Link below. I love Flourishes stamps but I'm not lovin this card. It didn't come out as planned, which happens some times.
Anywho, the paper is Oct. Afternoon-Woodland Park. A few sets of spellbinders, Some PTI twine, a basic grey button round out the design. I sponged with Ocean Oasis Versamagic chalk ink. The blue ink is Momento Paris Dusk.
Thanks for visiting. :) Pray for me that I don't loose power. Below is a pick of my poor hubby clearing the driveway. I'm sure you've heard the northeast is having a blizzard.

Flourishes-Pick one challenge

13 comments:

  1. Holy smokes... that is a lot of snow. Hope you don't lose power and will say a prayer for you.
    Your card is very pretty. Great coloring and I like the SB die you used. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Pick challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image and the colors, really pretty! Good luck with the snow, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like the punched borders a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great image from Flourishes. Gorgeous turquoise colors too Kim. I hope you're digging out ok! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Kim! Love the colors! So perfect with the peacock! So glad you played along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, your card is beautiful! It's perfect for the colors and layout you've chosen! You definitely rocked it :) !!! Thank you for joining in the fun and for sharing the picture! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're safe and warm--and have lights Kim! :-) I think your peacock is lovely. Their colors are always so vibrant and beautiful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine not losing power in such a blizzard. It doesn't take much snow to down the lines here on the Oregon coast. We don't get much snow and are usually not ready for it. Anyway, I must say the coloring of your peacock is incredible. It looks absolutely real. Anyone could use your card as a reference for the perfect coloring of a peacock. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! Your coloring on the peacock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It might not have turned out as you planned but your peacock's coloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What??! This is beautiful! Love,love the peacock! I hope you stayed warm during the blizzard,I was thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Kim! I hope things are starting to melt in your neck of the woods -- your hubby looked like he had a daunting job clearing out all that snow! Thanks so much for joining us gals over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an incredible job you did with this, Kim! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete