Sunday, February 17, 2013

SSS178-Guest Designer!


 Hi Friends, I'm so excited to share that Karen G. asked me to Guest Design for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch 178!! Yippee! When Karen sent me the sketch I had to put on my thinking cap and come up with something I'd be proud of. I don't know about you but I find simple sketches harder than ones with lots of layers and elements. But I found a way to add enough detail to make me happy!!
OUT FOR PUBLICATION
 Since I just received this gorgeous floral stamp set from Flourishes called "Roses are red", I had to give it some Copic love. The sentiment stamp is also Flourishes called "Inside and Out You" stamped with CTMH Black. After I colored it and hand cut it out, I popped it up on top of my, also new, "Cheery Lynn Doily" die cut from " MME paper Lost & Found Market Street". I dry embossed the green "Crate Paper Random" paper with "Victoria" Cuttlebug folder, sanded it, and distressed it with Ranger Antique Linen distress ink. The finishing touches were machine stitching, a couple of black gems and an "Offray" sweet orange gingham bow.

SSS178-Sketch
ColourQ Challenge-Raspberry,Pink,Coral, Green,White
Inkspirational #7-Photo with these colors
Thanks for visiting today. I couldn't be more thrilled to be joining the lovely SSS design team this week Thanks!
Kim :)

19 comments:

  1. Perfect card, love everything in it! The stamp is gorgeous and I love the colors and details. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is GORGEOUS! Wow! That large floral image is perfect for the sketch and you've coloured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! LOVE all the embossing in the background and the flower is amazing! So perfect for this sketch and I'm so happy you joined us on the team this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS! You definitely found a way to make this sketch look fabulous - love your design Kim. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Your bouquet of flowers is so beautifully coloured!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing and simply gorgeous. I love all of the details you incorporated into the sketch. So glad you joined us this week!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colouring and gorgeous embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Kim, the flowers are beautifully coloured! I love the sponged doily and scuffed embossing, lovely touches!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim this bouquet of flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is so gorgeous Kim!! Love the flower images and such pretty colors too! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* -
    *My Blog - Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kim! You've nailed the sketch! Your card is rich with textures and prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! The beautifully colored bouquet image looks so pretty on top of the doily die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is AMAZING! LOVE your gorgeous bouquet and the ribbon is a fabulous touch! Thanks for joining us at Inkspriational!

    PS: A gentle reminder that in order to qualify for any prizes/honors, you must have our challenge picture in your entry post. :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! Wow the sanded embossing and distressing on the doily are beautiful. I just love your bunch of colored flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! Love the vintage feel to your card and your coloring on your floral image looks fantastic! So glad you could join us for this Sweet Sunday Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely Kim! Love the layers and how you made the sketch your own.

    Hugs,
    Kristi♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I love your coloring! The flowers are amazing, and I love the stitching along the edges! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh boy did you nail this one GF! I saw where you had won the guestie spot and was so happy for you. You found an amazing way to use that sketch. It certainly isn't plain Jane. Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete