Sunday, May 18, 2014

ColourQ meets Mojo Monday


 Hi Crafty Friends, I'm thrilled to be sharing a trio of cards that I did for my local card club. The challenge was to use a stamp set 3 ways. When I saw this weeks ColourQ challenge 241 and the Mojo Monday 345 Challenge I thought of this Stampin Up Delicate Doily stamp set. I may have squealed at little!
I didn't have the exact SU inks but I think these will do. I used Momento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Ink Peacock Feathers (love it!) and Versamagic ink similar to Pool Party.
The striped paper is MME. I used some metallic gold ribbon and gold twine from Micheals. I heat embossed the Hero Arts sentiment with Gold EP from Recollections and added a SU button.
I love this card and it's going in the mail tomorrow to my B.I.L. and his wife.

 Same sketch and stamp set but this time I heat embossed with white EP on colored card stock to match my SU designer paper and added SU buttons and silver twine.


 For this one you can see I water colored it. I'm so jealous of all the people taking that Online Watercolor Class that I'm seeing in the blogesphere. I heat embossed my stamps with clear EP on Ranger watercolor paper and used distress inks smooshed on a TH craft mat. I sprayed the paper first with water then I used my new SU water brushes to paint on the ink. I dried it a few times and added more color. Finally after it was dry I flicked on more water to add water marks. (by taking a wet brush and tapping on my hand to send the water drops randomly on the paper. I HAD SO MUCH FUN!


 Thanks for visiting and putting up with a LONG post. Kim



3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous group of cards! Love how you've used the same sketch but changed up the colours and techniques to create different looks - very clever! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh man Kim, your cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you made that sketch some in so many ways. Each one is gorgeous in its own way. Way to go Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete