Thursday, September 22, 2011

Butterfly.Wedding.Card

Hi Friends, My daughter needed a wedding card for the coming weekend so I whipped this up! No, not really, it takes me a long time to make a card but I had weeks of notice. I didn't use a sketch, just started with  the focal point of the 3 layered Spellbinders and a beautiful Verve stamp. The matte gold paper is shimmery but not too much. The white and ivory is shimmery too. Can't remember the paper manufacturer but I got it at Joanne's. Then I just added some lace and black velvet ribbon from RRR. You know these butterflies, right? They are 2 sizes of Martha Stewart punches. The card is large, 5 X 7. I don't like a wedding card to be too small. Believe it or not, it's an arranged marriage so my DD asked me to go easy on the "found my true love" stuff!  Hope you like! Kim

The Shabby Tea Room week-80-vintage-white

2 comments:

  1. How incredibly elegant, Kim! Love the gold accents and the gorgeous butterflies! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and beautiful!! Love your design! Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete